Hi there! Priscilla Rodriguez here, I’m the owner of Modern Wellness Counseling and specialize in working with couples. My focus is to help engaged couples learn to navigate life’s challenges by providing them with the strategic tools so that they can be on the same page throughout every chapter of their lives.
Today I want to share with you how you and your fiancé can be focused on each other on your big day! I know you have heard it before that your wedding day will go by so fast, and trust me, it does!
But it doesn’t have to be a blur and here are some things that you and your fiancé can talk about before your big day, so that you both are able to be lost in the moment with each other!
Tips for Your Big Day from a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Ask your wedding planner, maid of honor, best man, parents, and siblings to help you protect and respect the time you want to share together. Talk to them beforehand on how you envision your day going and how they can support you both on your special day. Don’t assume they know this, because everyone has different expectations.
- The night before, be sure to get enough sleep. It becomes very difficult for your body and mind to keep up if you are tired.
- While getting ready, enjoy your time with your bridesmaids, be sure to eat breakfast and lunch (depending on what your day looks like). If you are hungry, your mind finds it difficult to be focused on taking in the moment.
- Before your ceremony, take a deep breath!
- Create a timeline that you and your fiancé are comfortable with and don’t forget to put in some time for each other. Some wedding planners will make sure that you both have at least 10 minutes before your reception or after your ceremony for just the two of you. If this is something that is not part of their plan, ask them to add it in, remember to make it your day!
- Dance more than just your first dance together! Some couples only get the first dance together in and sometimes this dance is more of a performance than simply having fun. I know, crazy right! Ask your DJ to play more of your favorite songs and dance together! It’s the perfect evening to hold each other and have fun!
- Remember to eat your dinner and do this together, while you’re eating, ask each other how the other person is doing? How are they feeling? What has been their favorite moment so far?
- While some weddings have open bars and it’s a much-deserved event to celebrate, don’t over drink! It becomes difficult to enjoy a moment together if either one of you is completely drunk. Remember to drink some water!
- Share a last dance together before the end of the night! Most DJs and photographers are good at making sure this happens!
- Getting back to your hotel room or home, digest that your big day just happened! It’s time to sit and relax!
It’s true that your wedding day will go by fast, but this does not mean that you cannot enjoy every moment of it and be present! Have fun, relax, and get lost in the moment with your soon-to-be spouse!
By: Priscilla Rodriguez, M.S., LMFT
Priscilla specializes in working with engaged couples and helping them create a solid relationship foundation so that they can have the confidence and skills needed to maintain a healthy and happy marriage. Be sure to check out her online e-courses that are designed for engaged couples! You can also download a free conversation checklist that engaged couples must have prior to walking down the aisle.
You can visit Priscilla and Modern Wellness Counseling by visiting her website at www.modernwellnesscounseling.com. She may also be reached by phone at 210-899-6284 (click to call), or by email email@example.com.
Please leave Priscilla some love and adoration below in the comments section! Let me know you stopped by!
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to read more, receive exclusive content and special news from Ata-Girl, please take a moment to subscribe to my newsletter. I usually only send them once or twice a month! Until next time, be positive, happy, healthy, and don’t forget to be photographed.
Please feel out this form to inquire about my services specific to weddings, engagement and bridal sessions.
San Antonio’s Most Unique Wedding Photographer | Available for Destinations!!
I am San Antonio’s most unique wedding photographer. I specialize in a 10-day turnaround, same-day prints, same-day slideshows and Italian handcrafted wedding albums.
I am an internationally-awarded and WPPI-C certified professional wedding and senior photographer based in South Texas near San Antonio. I pride my business in offering a premier and personal service coupled with an unforgettable photography experience. I cater to clients who appreciate quality photography and help them to create family heirlooms that will last for generations. As a full-time professional photographer, my sole purpose is to provide amazing, memorable and full-service photography.
I started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. I enjoy documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I love being a part of people’s journey and consider myself privileged to document their legacies.
When I’m not photographing a wedding, family or high school senior, I love to spend my spare time hiking, camping, cycling, reading, listening to Elvis and Prince. The most important things in life are for me to see my two daughters happy and to create a family history my grandparents would be proud of!
The post, Tips for Your Big Day from a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co.’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.