Valentine’s Day gets a bad wrap. There are many people who are dead set against the made-up holiday and feel it’s nothing more than a ploy to sell stuff. But guys, your ladies do enjoy getting flowers at the office if for no other reason than showing their co-workers that they are loved and not forgotten. No one likes to feel left out. And besides, it’s nice to have fresh flowers in your office for a few days. However, if you’re still not willing to give into the social pressure to buy the traditional chocolates and flowers, here are 50 other ways you can let her know she is special on this day and every day. And the best part is, some of them won’t cost you a dime AND you don’t just have to pick one! Indulge!!
Untraditional Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Write a heartfelt letter describing when you fell in love.
- Make a list of everything you love about her.
- Take her on a hike that includes a picnic.
- Buy her a puppy or a kitten.
- Make a silly video.
- BONUS if you post it on social media!
- Cook a homemade meal.
- BONUS if you light the dining room with candles!
- Schedule a couple’s massage.
- Lay a blanket in the grass and look at the stars.
- Bake a batch of cookies.
- Treat her to ice cream during a bike ride.
- Dinner and a movie.
- Run her a bath; include oils and lotion.
- Tell her a childhood story you haven’t already shared.
- Plan a late night with board games and snacks.
- Drive somewhere and sit on the hood of the car.
- Print some of her favorite pictures off of her phone and make a small scrapbook.
- Plant a tree in her name.
- Buy a star and name it after her.
- Let her pick a charity for you to donate to.
- Turn the TV off. Ask her to tell you a story about her childhood.
- Detail her car.
- Take her to a steak dinner.
- Get her a gift card to her favorite book store.
- Buy her donuts!
- BONUS if you also get the holes!
- Learn something new together.
- Plan an entire weekend trip.
- Make a handmade card.
- Create a personalized playlist for her.
- BONUS if you create a Spotify or Pandora station just for her!
- Make a coupon book, but for sexy time.
- Buy a teddy bear.
- Give her a foot rub.
- Run your fingers through her hair and caress her face.
- Let her sleep in late while you make breakfast.
- Sleep in late with her and order room service.
- Jewelry is always nice!
- Take her to the beach.
- Write her a poem.
- Surprise her by coming home early.
- Plan a trip to the zoo.
- Ride a carousel.
- Go out of your comfort zone and try something together totally foreign.
- Send her a text every hour describing your love for her. (Android Users: Use the schedule feature to make things easier.)
- Do a chore that she normally does.
- Leave her a love note where she will be surprised to find it.
- Send the kids away for the weekend.
- Take her to a drive-in movie.
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to get your hands on 20 FREE interactive wedding planning tools that every couple needs, please take a moment to access them here.
Let’s “hangout!” I wanna hear about your love story!Schedule a virtual discovery meetup!
For more options, visit my “Let’s Connect” page.
I am San Antonio’s most unique wedding photographer. I specialize in a 10-day image delivery, same-day prints, same-day slideshows, Italian handcrafted wedding albums and I have a mobile meeting space.
I am a full-time, internationally-awarded and WPPI-C certified professional wedding photographer based in South Texas near San Antonio. I offer a premier and personal service coupled with an unforgettable photography experience. I cater to clients who appreciate quality photography and help them to create family heirlooms that will last for generations.
I started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. I enjoy documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I love being a part of people’s journey and consider myself privileged to document their legacies.
When I’m not photographing a wedding, I love to spend my spare time hiking, camping, cycling, reading, listening to Elvis and Prince. The most important things in life are for me to see my two daughters happy and to create a family history my grandparents and grandson would be proud of!
The post, 50 Untraditional Valentine’s Day Gifts, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co.’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.