(PREFACE: Yesterday, my site went down. However, I was able to recover my site earlier today, but in doing so, I lost a total of 27 blog posts… basically everything since December 17, 2013. Sometime in the future, I may recreate some of the blog posts, but being that my memory is not as reliable as it was in my younger days, some posts may never be recreated. If there is anything missing in particular that you would like to see, please email me, and I will do my best to replicate the content.)
I have been anxiously waiting to attend the 2014 WPPI Convention (Wedding and Portrait Professionals International) since October 16, 2013 when I first registered. It has been an incredibly long wait, but in three short days, I fly out to Vegas to expand my knowledge and experience in the wedding industry. I’ve taken the time to create a list of goals I want to accomplish during what WPPI refers to as the best week of my life. I’ll be joining 20,000 other professional wedding and portrait photographers from all over the world to unite, learn and network. I hope it really comes close because I’m giving up one day of my baby daughter’s two-day softball tournament, and her district opener against our toughest district competitor!
- Learn. Experience. Grow.
- Network without reservation, and without being shy.
- If I see Sue Bryce, do more than stare at the floor and say, “Hi. How are you?”
- Attend the 16X20 print competition and listen to the live critiquing.
- Get mentally prepared to enter the 16×20 print competition next year.
- Take copious amounts of notes in the 12 workshops I am attending. That’s over 18 hours of continuing education/instruction from world-renowned wedding and portrait professionals.
- If time permits, attend a shoot-out or two.
- Spend time exploring the trade show and put my hands on a Nikon D4.
- Look at all the resources available to me and compare them to those I’m currently using. Personally meet some of my vendors! (I’m especially excited to meet Christine, my rep from Graphi Albums.
- Totally unlike me, but possibly attend one of the after parties!
- And because Jason Groupp likes uneven numbered lists, give him a high-five!
So, there you have it! There is my list of to-dos for the “best week of my life.”
Until next time, be positive, happy, and healthy, and don’t forget to be photographed.
I am a San Antonio-based wedding and senior photographer who started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. As one of the up-and-coming San Antonio wedding photographers, I am also available to shoot in Austin, Houston and Dallas and the surrounding areas. I am also available for destination weddings worldwide. Ata-Girl Photography Co. offers an amazing wedding photography service that you won’t soon forget. As a professional photographer, my sole purpose is to provide you the absolute best photography experience.
I am a professional photographer who enjoys documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. When I’m not photographing a wedding, family or high school senior, I enjoy watching my daughter play softball, hiking, cycling, reading, and listening to Elvis!
The post, I’m Attending WPPI 2014, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.