In this blog post and video, I try to tackle the taboo topic of wedding photography pricing and why it varies wildly from wedding photographer to photographer. I attempt to identify the key differences you may experience between a $300 wedding photographer and a higher-end wedding photographer.
Good photography ain’t cheap, and cheap photography ain’t good!
Wedding Photography Costs Breakdown
- 6 hours of wedding coverage actually involves about 60 hours of work—sometimes more
- Gross margins for a wedding are much less than what the client pays
- Professional photographers are trying to run businesses and households
- High paid photographers are likely to bring more skill, expertise, care, customer service and better quality products to the table; there are exceptions
- High paid photographers can afford to run legitimate businesses (ie. insurance, backup equipment, technical training, hired help, client thank you gifts)
- High paid photographers probably shoot less weddings and therefore can probably provide a better customer experience (ie. helping with wedding day timelines, answering communications in a timely manner, streamlining wedding day preparation)
If your wedding day images are important to you, hire the most expensive photographer you can afford—after you’ve done your due diligence of course. When choosing a wedding photographer, make sure you like the photographer’s style, make sure you like their personality, and make sure you like their photographs. You can’t easily do this day over.
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to get your hands on 20 FREE interactive wedding planning tools that every couple needs, please take a moment to access them here.
Let’s “hangout!” I wanna hear about your love story!Schedule a virtual discovery meetup!
For more options, visit my “Let’s Connect” page.
I am San Antonio’s most unique wedding photographer. I specialize in a 10-day image delivery, same-day prints, same-day slideshows, Italian handcrafted wedding albums and I have a mobile meeting space.
I am a full-time, internationally-awarded and WPPI-C certified professional wedding photographer based in South Texas near San Antonio. I offer a premier and personal service coupled with an unforgettable photography experience. I cater to clients who appreciate quality photography and help them to create family heirlooms that will last for generations.
I started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. I enjoy documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I love being a part of people’s journey and consider myself privileged to document their legacies.
When I’m not photographing a wedding, I love to spend my spare time hiking, camping, cycling, reading, listening to Elvis and Prince. The most important things in life are for me to see my two daughters happy and to create a family history my grandparents and grandson would be proud of!
The post, Wedding Photography Costs Breakdown, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co.’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.