The past two years with Ata-Girl has been so amazing; I am very much looking forward to see where this journey will end up taking me. I have never been the person who makes ridiculous resolutions each year, but I have always been a goal setter. Some of my goals for 2012 pertain to my personal life and some pertain to Ata-Girl. By December 31, 2012, I’m hoping to have achieved every single one.
- I will be more committed to my health and happiness. I will eat better more often. I will exercise more consistently. I will try to lose the 17 pounds I gained in 2011. I will ride in more charity bike rides this year… starting as early as April. I have never been conditioned well enough to participate in any charity rides before September, but I believe I am well on my way to be ready for the Fiesta Wildflower Ride this year (http://www.fiestawildflower.com/home.htm). I will complete a century ride (100 miles in one day), and I will finally meet my goal of cycling at least 2,000 miles in a calendar year.
- I will shoot more weddings this year. Last year, I shot two weddings and what a treat that was. I got to document one of the most important days in a couple’s life. I got to memorialize the happiness, love and laughter shared by the bride, groom and their families. I want to do this more. I am very excited about this!! My goal is to shoot at least four weddings this year (but I’m secretly striving for eight)! I am currently in the process of implementing some new marketing ideas with a group of other professionals as well as some that only pertain to Ata-Girl. I CANNOT wait for them to materialize. (See above.)
- I will not be threatened by other photographers. I will not be critical of or threatened by other photographers’ work. I will not take it personally when a potential client hires another photographer. I will be confident in my work and my skill level. I will not replicate others’ work or fall victim to trendy styles. I will continue to develop an artistic style that is all mine and I will not diverge from this path.
- I will continue to grow, learn and improve my skills. On a daily basis, I will continue to learn and improve my skills. This not only pertains to my photographic skills, but my business, marketing and personable skills. I will continually seek new ideas, pursue expert advice and honestly self-critique/examine my own work.
- I will get a backup camera. Having spent the last month 🙁 without a camera has made me realize the importance of having a backup. I can’t remember ever having had a product fail me unless it was just absolutely old. I’ve heard of this happening, but never imagined it would happen to me. I’m getting a backup.
So, there they are. There are my goals for the upcoming 12 months. They will happen.
I am a San Antonio-based wedding and senior photographer who started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. As one of the up-and-coming San Antonio wedding photographers, I am also available to shoot in Austin, Houston and Dallas and the surrounding areas. I am also available for destination weddings worldwide. Ata-Girl Photography Co. offers an amazing wedding photography service that you won’t soon forget. As professional photographer, my sole purpose is to provide you the absolute best photography experience.
I am a professional photographer who enjoys documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. When I’m not photographing a wedding, family or high school senior, I enjoy watching my daughter play softball, hiking, cycling, reading, and listening to Elvis!
The post, 2012 Photography Goals and Plans, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.