I DON’T WANT TO COME HOME!! Even though my photography brain is in overdrive… even though I’ve walked 47.2 miles (according to my Garmin)… even though my feet and back need a rest… even though I’ve had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch each day for a week… and EVEN THOUGH I miss my family, friends and dog back home, I really could stay for another whole week to learn, experience and grow.
Here’s a quick rundown of the neatest experiences of the trip:
- Meeting a lady who attended the same small boutique workshop as me three years ago in Dallas.
- Meeting a man from Austin who just happens to be the son of Kevin Vandivier—a man who has hosted some photography meetups for aspiring photographers and who I have had the pleasure to break bread with.
- Jerry Ghionis remembering me from the San Antonio stop of his How to Wow Tour.
- Discovering the incredibly-talented, high-energy, hilariously funny, FEARLESS wedding photographer couple known as Two Mann Studios–Lanny & Erika Mann (easily my new favorites!).
- Witnessing the highest score in the senior portrait division of the 16X20 print competition and later discovering it was a McKinney, Texas photographer (Paul Ernest) (I hope he won the category!!)
- Meeting, Jesill, a photographer from Puerto Rico who couldn’t believe I can cuss in Spanish.
- Reconnecting with Clyde Williams—a steel pan soloist from Trinidad who performs in front of the MGM. We first met last year.
- And finally, meeting Tim Murphy again. I also met him last year waiting in line to hear Sal Cincotta speak. He had an incredibly moving story about surviving a traumatic brain injury that reminded me of my younger sister’s injury and moved me to tears.
Keep an eye out for a more detailed report when I get home! Until next time, be positive, happy, healthy, and don’t forget to be photographed.
I am a professional wedding and senior photographer based in South Texas near San Antonio. I pride my business in offering a premier and personal service coupled with an unforgettable photography experience. I cater to clients who appreciate quality photography and help them to create family heirlooms that will last for generations. As a full-time professional photographer, my sole purpose is to provide amazing, memorable and full-service photography.
I started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. I enjoy documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I love being a part of people’s journey and consider myself privileged to document their legacies.
When I’m not photographing a wedding, family or high school senior, I love to spend my spare time hiking, cycling, reading, listening to Elvis and Prince. The most important things in life are for me to see my two daughters happy and to create a family history my grandparents would be proud of!
The post, Quick WPPI 2015 Update!!, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co.’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.