An up-to-date, professional head shot is a vital piece of your personal brand whether your are a doctor, lawyer, real estate agent, app designer, blogger or bakery owner. This personal brand you have created extends well beyond the face-to-face world and deep into the digital one. When someone finds you on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform, it’s key that you present yourself in the best possible light and that also means with a current head shot.
Personal branding has become every bit as important as the firm handshake when making new business connections. A professional head shot is your “first impression” opportunity to portray a brand image to potential clients who aren’t just researching “what” you do. They are equally interested in “who” you are. The best clients want to deal with people, not companies.
New head shots should be taken annually—or, at the very least, every two years. Yet, most professionals let five… seven… sometimes as much as ten years lapse before they update them. Here are my top ten reasons why you should update your head shot immediately!
Top 10 Reasons to Update Your Head Shot
- A top notch selfie may be good enough for your personal Facebook, but it won’t get you much clout in the professional world. If you want to appeal to people who want to hire professionals, you have to look the part.
- Treating yourself to a head shot session is a fabulous confidence boost! New head shots can serve as a great motivator to get out and respond to inquiries, new leads or apply for that key note speaker position.
- Your head shot is part of your resume. You wouldn’t allow your job history section to go stale, would you?
- It gives your business a personal touch. People want to put a face with your name. Make sure it’s your most current face.
- Your head shot is probably your most common marketing tool. You shouldn’t rely on a company or brand logo to represent you. It’s simply not enough to believe that your logo or business track record will get you the business you want.
- It’s versatile! It can enhance our bio page and make your website look more polished and professional. In fact, it’s useful on all your marketing collateral.
- Head shots have changed! They’re not all on blue backgrounds any more.
- Modern head shots even go so far as to show more of your personality.
- Honestly, you can never have enough great images of yourself! As they say, “The more, the merrier.”
- Lastly, not having a current, professional head shot could undermine or even ruin your efforts to sell yourself and your products and services to potential clients.
For the record, Peter Hurley took my head shot in 2016. Peter is one of the most successful and well-known head shot photographers of all time and is the author of The Headshot that was a #1 photography book on Amazon. Peter is a legend in the photography world! I’ll probably need to update it next year, but I don’t wanna because Peter Freakin’ Hurley took it.
If you’d like to update your head shot, give me a call. For as little as $195, I can help you. Schedule on the same day with your colleagues, co-workers, employees or industry friends and that fee is reduced! Call me. 830.719.4475
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to get your hands on 20 FREE interactive wedding planning tools that every couple needs, please take a moment to access them here.
Let’s “hangout!” I wanna hear about your love story!Schedule a virtual discovery meetup!
For more options, visit my “Let’s Connect” page.
I am San Antonio’s most unique wedding photographer. I specialize in a 10-day image delivery, same-day prints, same-day slideshows, Italian handcrafted wedding albums and I have a mobile meeting space.
I am a full-time, internationally-awarded and WPPI-C certified professional wedding photographer based in South Texas near San Antonio. I offer a premier and personal service coupled with an unforgettable photography experience. I cater to clients who appreciate quality photography and help them to create family heirlooms that will last for generations.
I started Ata-Girl Photography Co., LLC in 2010. I firmly believe that the unique set of circumstances I have faced in life has prepared me to take a personal and genuine interest in my photography clients. I enjoy documenting the important milestones and captivating moments in people’s lives. I love being a part of people’s journey and consider myself privileged to document their legacies.
When I’m not photographing a wedding, I love to spend my spare time hiking, camping, cycling, reading, listening to Elvis and Prince. The most important things in life are for me to see my two daughters happy and to create a family history my grandparents and grandson would be proud of!
The post, Top 10 Reasons to Update Your Head Shot, first appeared on Ata-Girl Photography Co.’s website and blog. Please feel free to comment here, or share this post with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Please email me if you have any questions about this article or want to share a neat idea for a future blog post with me.